The Wild Robot by Peter Brown


The Wild Robot by Peter Brown is creating a ton of Newbery buzz so of course I had to read it. I wasn't sure what to expect from a book about a robot who becomes stranded on an island, blends in with nature, raises an orphaned gosling as her own son, and becomes friends with all the animals...but I loved it. It was so different from any book I've ever read. I think kids are going to really like reading this book. The short chapters, subject matter, and illustrations are just perfect and add to the overall appeal of this wonderfully written middle grade novel. Peter Brown is no stranger to children's literature, having earned a 2013 Caldecott Honor for his picture book, Creepy Carrots. But I have to admit...after loving The Wild Robot, and thoroughly enjoying Creepy Carrots, my favorite Peter Brown book is still Children Make Terrible Pets

Stop in your local library and borrow one of Peter Brown's awesome books, you will not be disappointed.

And if you want to buy one for you or your local school's library, click on a link below:



No comments:

Post a Comment